AMF University Lanes is located near UNC Charlotte, on N. Tryon Street. Every Thursday night starting at 9 p.m., they offer “college night” bowling. This is where if you are any college student, and have your student I.D., you can get some pretty good deals.
- The main deal of the night is that you can get unlimited bowling as a college student for only $7. Usually, bowling is more expensive than this, and this deal even includes your shoes. It is a great deal because you can bowl until the bowling alley closes for the night, at 11 p.m. With this deal, just make sure you bring a valid student I.D. It is also offered to any college student, so it does not matter if you do not go to UNC Charlotte or not.
- The second great deal of the night, if you are 21 years old, is the drink specials. The bowling alley has $2 tall boys offered at the bar. Even besides this deal, the drinks, in general, are pretty cheap. But, make sure you bring your normal I.D. as well.
- Going college night bowling is a great way to meet people. Most people on Thursday night are going to be college students so that you can be surrounded by your peers and fellow classmates. Sometimes when you go out to the bars, there can be a wide age range there. While college night bowling is not the case. Also, maybe you have been crushing on someone in your class, you never know if you will see them there or not. This is a great way to find out!
- Bowling can also be the way to go if you are not one to go out to bars. This can be a great idea if you like to drink and have fun with your friends, but do not want to commit to the bar scene. And it is a great idea if you are not feeling like getting all dressed up and do not want to have a late night out. Going to a bar on Thursday can be fun and all, but if you have a Friday morning class, going bowling can be just as fun without all the hassle. It is also just cheaper in general. It is close by in the university area, so spending money on Uber’s will not be a lot if you chose to do so. Also, since the drinks are cheap, there is no need to break the bank over expensive drinks you could get elsewhere.
- The last reason why you should go college night bowling is simply because it is fun. It is not every day you go bowling, so it is definitely something different to go out and do. It’s fun to do with a big group of people, or even for a cheap date night idea. It will remind you of your childhood, but the best part now is, you can drink if you are 21. This is also a great option if you are not of legal drinking age too since you usually can’t get into most bars. It’s fun if you like to bring out your competitive side, or if you are just trying to have a good Thursday night. It doesn’t matter if you are good or not, it is a blast either way.
So, next time you are looking for something a little different to do, and do not want to spend a lot of money, or tired of bar-hopping, college night bowling at AMF University Lanes is the way to go!