The following reflects arrests, calls for service and incidents responded to by the UNC Charlotte campus Police and Public Safety Department. Incident dates run from June 28- July 2.
For more information on Mecklenburg County arrests, visit the Mecklenburg County Arrest Inquiry.
- Burson Building, driver of vehicle one struck a metal stanchion while attempting to enter a gated area in a golf cart.
- Lot 8, while exiting the parking lot, a school bus struck the gate. No injuries were reported.
- Lot 29, officer took a report regarding a hit and run.
- Mary Alexander Road, while driving straight on Mary Alexander towards Van Landingham Road, driver of vehicle one struck a cement pillar and lost control. The passenger in the vehicle was taken to the Carolinas Medical Center. The driver was given a field sobriety test and arrested for driving while intoxicated.
- Alumni Way, while attempting to turn left from the walkway of Scott Hall towards Alumni Way, driver of vehicle one struck a bench. No injuries were reported.
- Student Union, individual was arrested for second degree trespassing.
- Atkins Library, unknown person(s) removed victim’s cell phone which was left unsecured in a public area.
- Holshouser Hall, unknown person removed the victim’s items which were left unsecured in a secure area.