The Charlotte 49ers men’s tennis team claimed two singles wins and two doubles win but ultimately fell to the College of Charleston, 4-3 in their final regular season match.
“Losing a 4-3 match is never easy,” head coach Jesse Tarr said. “I am really proud of the guys. They left it all on the court and we gave ourselves an opportunity to beat a really tough Charleston team. Credit to Charleston, they were the better team today.”
Vikram Hundal and Jordi Massallé Ferrer won their 20th doubles match of the year, claiming the fourth spot on the all time most single season doubles wins list.
The 49ers now focus their attention on the Conference USA tournament, beginning Thursday, April 21 at Rice University in Houston.
Col. of Charleston 4, Charlotte 3
- Juan Estevarena (COFCM) def. Vikram Hundal (CHA) 1-6, 7-5, 6-2
- J. Massalle Ferrer (CHA) def. Charlie Ghriskey (COFCM) 7-6, 6-3
- Sam Rice (CHA) def. Rodrigo Encinas (COFCM) 6-4, 6-1
- Zack Lewis (COFCM) def. A. Garcia Moreno (CHA) 6-1, 7-6
- Vasily Kichigin (COFCM) def. Oriol Puig (CHA) 6-1, 2-6, 6-2
- Garrett Gordon (COFCM) def. Sam Brazil (CHA) 6-4, 6-2
- Vikram Hundal/J. Massalle Ferrer (CHA) def. Juan Estevarena/Rodrigo Encinas (COFCM) 6-4
- Charlie Ghriskey/Josh Record (COFCM) def. Josh Aubrey/Carl Solik (CHA) 6-4
- Sam Brazil/Sam Rice (CHA) def. Zack Lewis/Matt Daly (COFCM) 6-4