Avocado season has arrived and they are on sale in all of the grocery stores and available as extras at your favorite restaurants.
Because avocados are known as a “super food,” meaning they have lots of healthy qualities, you may be wanting to incorporate them into your diet. But how?
There are many ways to use avocados that don’t require any drastic dietary changes. Try any of these tasty recipes to see why people are raving over avocados this season.
- Use it as a spread: Spread avocado on your favorite sandwich bread to use in the place of mayo. It is healthier and delicious. For a breakfast option, use it on toast in place of butter and top with a fried egg. Simply peel back part of the avocado and use a knife to spread it like you would any other condiment.
- Make guacamole: Guacamole and chips is a great summer snack and probably the most popular ways to use avocados. Dice up your avocado and mix it with some corn, tomatoes and cilantro for a delicious dip. If you like it spicy, add in some chopped jalapenos. This recipe is easy and much healthier and tastier than buying guacamole from the store.
- Smoothies: Adding avocado to your smoothies is a daring choice, but the results are delicious. Cut up some avocado and blend it with a banana, berries and vanilla almond milk for a healthy afternoon snack or a refreshing drink on a hot summer day.
- Avocado fries: We all know french fries are bad for us, yet they keep calling us back time and time again. Try this twist to get the fried goodness you love without all the grease and calories. Slice avocado lengthwise, dip in some raw egg, then cover with flour and panko bread crumbs. Fry in canola oil and dive in to this snack that is crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside.
- Burgers: Spice up your next summer barbecue with avocados. If you make burger patties at home, cut up some avocados and mix them in with the meat. They make a tasty and healthy addition. If you purchase pre-made patties, cut up a few slices of avocado to top your burger. Avocado slices also pair well with a chicken and bacon sandwich if you do not like burgers.