Jordan Snyder, Editor-in-Chief
- Favorite moment from the 2015-2016 school year: In November, I left the country for the first time, spending 11 days walking around Rome, Madrid, the Canary Islands and Brussels. Randomly happening upon the Grand Place sound and light show was amazing.
- A must-do for a 49er: If you ever hear that Crown Commons is making Monte Cristo sandwiches, drop everything and go.
- Final thought: Even if you don’t blink, your college years are going to fly by. So just enjoy them and blink so your eyes don’t dry out.
Alyssa Fronk, Community Editor
- Favorite moment from the 2015-2016 school year: Watching the Panthers make it to the Superbowl! It was amazing to see campus and all of Charlotte so electric and full of pride on a weekly basis.
- A must-do for a 49er: In the rare occasion of snow, go to campus and unleash your inner kid. College snow days are wildly fun- trust me! Shout out to the iconic snowfall of February 2014.
- Final thought: Try your best to not complain about college. Education is a privilege and we are lucky to have this experience. Nothing worth having comes easy. One day you’ll be wishing you could hit the rewind…
Nick Cropper, News Editor
- Favorite moment from the 2015-2016 school year: Earlier in the year when hundreds of students emails were hacked and some brave students took the opportunity to send Guy Fieri pictures during the madness. LOL.
- A must-do for a 49er: Every student should use Atkins Library. It will become a home away from home.
- Final thought: Never stop working hard academically, professionally, emotionally and socially. College has so much to offer us and we should take advantage of that.
Jared Allen, Sports Editor
- Favorite moment from the 2015-2016 school year: Attending the C-USA men’s and women’s basketball championship in Birmingham, Al. While the 49ers didn’t leave victorious, the three days on the road were unforgettable.
- A must-do for a 49er: Attend 49ers basketball games, both men’s and women’s. Each of the programs are on the rise and the sky’s the limit in the future.
- Final thought: Don’t wait for your aspirations to come knocking. Go out and accomplish what you strive for… Or at least fail trying.
Casey Aldridge, Opinion Editor
- Favorite moment from 2015-2016 school year: Getting tickets with my roommates for the NFC Championship game, and being able to see the Panthers rout the Cardinals on the way to their second Super Bowl appearance in person.
- A must-do for a 49er: Protest and get involved in the movement against Margaret Spellings and the neoliberalism of the UNC Board of Governors.
- Final thought: Don’t settle for easy answers, and learn to recognize the human on the other side of the debate. In other words, take at least one class in the Religious Studies department!
Sara Carson, Managing Editor
- Favorite moment from 2015-2016 school year: Studying abroad in Brussels, Belgium and frolicking around Europe during the fall semester.
- A must-do for a 49er: Have as many internships as possible! Experience and connections are key to getting a job after graduation.
- Final thought: Make a good impression on your professors because recommendation letters are crucial. Professors can also help you connect with key people in your industry.
John Lineberger, Lifestyle Editor
- Favorite moment from the 2015-2016 school year: My biggest moment was finishing my short film project. It took all semester and had a lot of setbacks, but I did it. It is definitely the biggest project I’ve ever done.
- A must-do for a 49er: It’s kind of like you’re living in a bubble. Take advantage of all UNC Charlotte’s resources while you can before it’s too late. Attend events, join an organization, find internships, etc…
- Final thought: Worry less about expectations and more about opportunities.
Hunter Heilman, Arts & Entertainment Editor
- Favorite moment from 2015-2016 school year: Going to Los Angeles and being able to meet Jason Sudeikis for a press event for the Niner Times. OR the iconic first 20 seconds of seeing “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” at 1:30AM opening night and the uproarious applause from the audience during it.
- A must-do for a 49er: Get involved with an organization. You never know how much it can really affect your college experience.
- Final thought: Laugh, for goodness sake. Things are so serious nowadays. If you don’t laugh, you will die.
Andrew James, Video Producer
- Favorite moment from the 2015-2016 school year: Fulfilling a life-long dream by accepting a position as a television news reporter. Alabama here I come!
- A must-do for a 49er: Don’t let campus boundaries confine you. Charlotte has so much to offer professionally and recreationally, so take full advantage of it while you’re here.
- Final thought: If there is something you are passionate about, don’t let anything stop you from achieving it! For the last time… Reporting for the Niner Times, I’m Andrew James.
Benjamin Robson, Photo Coordinator
- Favorite moment from 2015-2016 school year: In February, Halton Arena hosted John Isner’s charity challenge, he was joined by Andy Roddick and the Bryan Brothers. Having the entirety of American tennis under one roof was a freak out moment for sure. We even walked away with a souvenir.
- A must-do for a 49er: Get out of this campus and go do something, even if it means going by yourself. Drive to another city, go see a band no one has ever heard of, or just take a beach day. You might not deserve it, just do it anyway.
- Final thought: Hey name is Benjamin. Right now we’re just looking for the exit, life is too short to last long. For a pessimist I’m pretty optimistic, hope for the best but definitely expect the worst.
Diane Gromelski, Copy Editor
- Favorite moment from 2015-2016 school year: Competing in mock trial tournaments with my best friends.
- A must-do for a 49er: Apply for something you don’t think you have a chance of getting, whether it be a dream job, admission to an exclusive school, or a scholarship. It never hurts to put yourself out there and take a chance.
- Final thought: Make time to read a book outside of those required for class. It may be the one that changes your life!
Andrew Hocutt, Layout Editor
- Favorite moment from the 2015-2016 school year: The marching band debut on the first regular season UNC Charlotte football game was a great moment. It really made the whole college football experience feel legitimate. There’s nothing like being at the first game with all your close college friends in the front row at halftime when the band hits the first note.
- A must-do for a 49er: Ride a bike around campus. It’s the way to get around; seriously. You will never see campus the same after cruising from building to building. Its not like riding around neighborhoods or roads because there are few vehicles in your way, making it much safer and also a very efficient way to travel around UNCC.
- Final thought: Treasure this time not only for academic growth, but for social and personal growth. These years can and will affect how you live the rest of your life. Take advantage of the large and growing student body, if you want to be well known; UNC Charlotte is a great place to start building a following of what ever it is you do. Use your resources. The value of college isn’t simply attending and passing your courses, its how you use the tools and resources provided.