The recipe that is sure to spice up breakfast time
Pancake mix (make as directed)
1 ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
Brown sugar as needed
1 tsp. Cinnamon or Cinnamon Sugar
- Make pancake mix as directed. Most mixes require 2 cups of dry pancake mix and water (if your specific mix requires more dry mix, you may want to add morecinnamon).
- Add cinnamon or cinnamon sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well. If you have plain ground cinnamon, add a little bit less, because it is more potent.
- Heat up the skillet you are using to make the pancakes, adding butter every so often to prevent sticking. Make sure the burner is on medium heat, we do not want the brown sugar to burn in the pan.
- Once you have poured your mix into the pan, sprinkle brown sugar into pancake. When at desired golden color, flip (about a minute and a half to two minutes). Be careful that the sugar doesn’t burn, it will cause sticking. Checking the sides of the pancake will help you judge when it is ready.
- Repeat step four for each pancake and enjoy when there is no more batter.