My all time favorite food is pancakes, they’re light, fluffy and delicious. As I was transitioning to a completely vegan diet, I was not ready to give up my favorite food. I tried out many different recipes for vegan pancakes and I have finally found the perfect combination.
Here is what you will need:
~ 1 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
~2 tablespoons of white sugar
~2 teaspoons of baking powder
~½ teaspoon of salt
~ 1 ¼ cup of water
~1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Start by sifting the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. This will help keep the pancakes lump-free.
- Mix the coconut oil and water into a small bowl.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour the wet ingredients in the well and stir.
- Heat a pan to medium to high heat and add two spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan and cook until the top of the pancake has bubbles. Flip and then cook until golden brown. Continue this process until all of the batter is used.
- Add fruit and maple syrup for extra flavor.