The Charlotte 49ers men’s tennis team swept East Carolina on the road over the weekend, defeating the Pirates 4-0.
“We played indoors today in a tough environment against a talented ECU team,” Charlotte coach Jesse Tarr said. “All three of our doubles teams played solid and technically sound doubles today.”
The 49ers claimed a quick two wins in doubles competition as Vikram Hundal and Jordi Massalle Ferrer recorded their 15th doubles win of the season. The momentum gained for their victory as a duo carried over into their respective singles matches. Both Hundal and Massalle Ferrer defeated their respective opponents in the one and two spot in three sets.
Charlotte’s Sam Rice tallied another victory in singles forcing an end to the day as Charlotte carried their seventh victory back to the Queen City.
Men’s tennis returns to action Sunday, April 3 as they head to Gaffney, S.C. to take on Limestone at 2:30 p.m.
Charlotte 4, East Carolina 0
- Vikram Hundal (CHA) def. Tendai Tapfuma (ECU) 6-1, 3-6, 6-4
- J. Massalle Ferrer (CHA) def. Kasey Countee (ECU) 2-6, 6-2, 6-2
- Sam Rice (CHA) def. Fredric Lehfeldt (ECU) 6-2, 2-6, 6-2
- Vlad Anghel (ECU) vs. A. Garcia Moreno (CHA) 1-2, unfinished
- James Ling (ECU) vs. Oriol Puig (CHA) 1-1, unfinished
- Will Bissett (ECU) vs. Sam Brazil (CHA) unfinished
- Vikram Hundal/J. Massalle Ferrer (CHA) def. Tendai Tapfuma/James Ling (ECU) 6-3
- Sam Brazil/Sam Rice (CHA) def. Fredric Lehfeldt/Vlad Anghel (ECU) 6-4
- Kasey Countee/Will Bissett (ECU) vs. Josh Aubrey/Carl Solik (CHA) 5-5, unfinished